Updated: Jun 24, 2019

The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) provides benefits for health care for eligible DVA members for physiotherapy, exercise therapy, occupational therapy, dietetics, and psychology services.

Department of Veteran's Affairs

Who is eligible?

If you have a Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Gold Health Card, DVA will pay for services to meet your clinical needs.

If you have a DVA White Health Card, DVA will pay for services, if they are required because of an accepted war or service caused injury or disease.

DVA care - physical, diet, social, Occupational, psychological
Holistic care covers all aspects of wellness

How do I access this service?

You must be referred by a:

  • General Practitioner (GP)

  • medical specialist

  • treating doctor in hospital

  • hospital discharge planner,

  • or physiotherapist with a current referral.

What happens when I visit for therapy?

Please present your DVA Gold or White Health Card at the beginning of a consultation or before you receive treatment. The therapist will assess your clinical need for services and will take into consideration any other related treatments you are receiving. They will prepare a written care plan for the period of care required and discuss it with you.

The therapist will provide you with a copy of the treatment record for your reference.

Do I need to pay for treatment?

No, your therapist will bill DVA directly for any treatment provided to you if the service is provided under DVA arrangements. This represents the full fee for the service provided.

Can I choose to be treated as a Medicare or private patient?

Yes, you can choose to be treated as a Medicare or private patient. However, if you choose one of these options, DVA will not pay for any services that have been paid in part or full by Medicare, private health insurance or third party compensation benefit.

If you would like to find out more, please contact our friendly reception staff on 07 31622778

40 views0 comments